Monday 30 November 2020

TV Series: Just William (1994-1995)

This is the William series of my childhood. Without it, I may have never known of Just William, so I am forever indebted to all the crew of this two season series.

This series features Oliver Rokison in one of only two roles he has played (the other is Young Wallingford in Goodbye, Mr. Chips). He made me feel like I could be one of the Outlaws and, of course, I needed to read more of these adventures! While my version of William deviated, over time, from Oliver's, I am so grateful for him leading the way.

Series 1 aired between 13 November and 18 December 1994. The episode list was:
William and the White Elephants
Finding a School for William
William and the Great Actor
William's Birthday
William and the Russian Prince
William's Busy Day

Series two, which aired between 12 November and 17 December 1995 showed:
William Clears the Slums
Boys Will Be Boys
William and the Ebony Hairbrush
William and the Old Man in the Fog
Parrots for Ethel
William Turns Over a New Leaf